Sunrise® mica functional fillers for cosmetics
Mica is world renowned for its optical properties. Due to it's natural sheen Sunrise® mica is the perfect choice for cosmetics. It offers high UV stability, low abrasiveness, excellent lubricity, good skin adhesion and good resistance to heat, weather and chemicals.
GEOTECH offers 6 grades of mica who make cosmetic formulations simply more luxurious:
- Sunrise® 325, a natural mica with a particle size distribution of 10 - 45 micron;
- Sunrise® 970, a natural mica with a particle size distribution of 5 - 25 micron;
- Sunrise® Crystal 1 - 15; a synthetic mica with a particle size distribution of 5 - 25 micron;
Sunrise® Crystal 5 - 25; a synthetic mica with a particle size distribution of 5 - 25 micron;
- Sunrise® Crystal 10 - 60; a synthetic mica with a particle size distribution of 10 - 60 micron;
- Sunrise® SVA; a surface treated natural mica with a particle size distribution of 5 - 25 micron.
Natural mica can also be used as a transparent alternative of talc. It creates buildable coverage without completely covering the skin. In colour cosmetics mica gives balance and consistency to pressed powders. Concentrations of 10 to 40% lead to soft and smooth texture and add a bit of shine to the product surface. Natural Sunrise® mica is a so called 'wet-ground' product, produced from high purity flake mica concentrates by a slow, frictional delamination process. This process is designed to effectively delaminate the mica flakes preserving it's platy structure, providing products with optimized aspect ratio, sheen and slip.
Sunrise® Crystal is an artificial mica. This synthetic fluorphlogopite grade offers outstanding colour purity, more transparency and low contents of impurities.
Sunrise® SVA mica is an organic surface treated cosmetic grade mica which provides exceptionally smooth texture, soft feel and good skin adhesion.
Formulation guidelines are available upon request to support customers. GEOTECH's application laboratory in Holland can also help you choosing the mica grade for your specific formulation.