Sunrise® mica functional fillers for cosmetics
Suitable for application in cosmetics.
The Sunrise® mica product portfolio contains products of natural and synthetic mica. The natural mica range is a wet-ground product produced from high purity flake mica concentrates, by a slow, frictional delamination process. It is renowned for its optical properties.
Sunrise® Crystal is an artificial mica. This synthetic fluorphlogopite grade offers outstanding colour purity, higher transparency and a lower content of impurities.
Due to its natural sheen Sunrise® mica is the perfect choice for cosmetics. It offers high UV stability, low abrasiveness, excellent lubricity, good skin adhesion and good resistance to heat, weather and chemicals. It creates buildable coverage without completely covering the skin. In colour cosmetics Sunrise® mica is used to give balance and consistency to pressed powders. Mica gives a smooth texture and adds a bit of shine to the product surface.
Sunrise® SVA mica is a special Lauroyl Lysine treated grade in the mica portfolio which provides an exceptional smooth texture, soft feeling and good skin adhesion.
Sunrise® mica is also used in coatings as a functional pigment extender that facilitates suspension, reduces chalking and prevents shrinking and shearing of the paint film. Sunrise® mica furthermore helps to increase resistance to water penetration and brightens the tone of colored pigments.
The product line contains the following grades:
- Sunrise® 325 natural mica with a particle size distribution of 10 – 60 µm;
- Sunrise® 970 natural mica with a particle size distribution of 5 - 25 µm;
- Sunrise® Crystal 1 – 15 synthetic mica with a particle size distribution of 1 - 15 µm;
- Sunrise® Crystal 5 – 25 synthetic mica with a particle size distribution of 5 - 25 µm;
- Sunrise® Crystal 10 – 60 synthetic mica with a particle size distribution of 10 – 60 µm;
- Sunrise® SVA treated natural mica with a particle size distribution of 5 – 25 µm.
>> Click here to download Sunrise® brochure